1. Remove the abutments and place the impression copings.
2. Relieve a maxillary disposable tray to take an open tray impression
3. Position the tray in the mouth to ensure the tray fits around the implants
4. Place heavy body PVS on the disposable tray and add a light body layer on top. (one step impression)
5. Place light body PVS around the impression copings (no need to splint the impression)
6. Seat the tray in the mouth and wait for it to polymerize according to manufacturer’s instructions
7. Unscrew impression copings and carefully remove the impression from the mouth. Ensure all impression copings are securely in place, if there is movement it will be necessary to retake the impression
8. Take a CBCT scan by having the patient close completely while wearing its existing dentures/DENTCA-4 temporary restorations (it’s important that the patient does not use the biting stick). Place the abutments back in the mouth
**If the DENTCA-4 will be opposing a denture instead of natural dentition, a CBCT will not be possible. Please click here for alternative steps.
9. Find out the desired gum and tooth shade by using a vita shade guide
10. Log into your account and place order online (if new to DENTCA you will need to register and create an account)
11. E-file upload list required for the web order: CBCT DICOM or, STL File, Patient Images: Full facial view Image with the existing denture (Open mouth using a mouth gag/retractor with the bite closed), Side view images with and w/o smile
12. Please provide Implant Information (brand, model, diameter and length) when placing order
13. Print order Sheet and shipping label and ship everything to DENTCA
Note: If you previously delivered a DENTCA-Temp and performed these steps before, simply perform steps 1 - 7 and place a DENTCA-4 order online and refer to the DENTCA-Temp order number.
Please note the Dentca-4 system is only compatible with bone level implants with an internal hex. Implants must also be at a distance of at least 7mm between each other; and a minimum of 4 implants (2 per side of the arch) are necessary.